Wednesday, October 28, 2009

MC3--Day 12

Yesterday was day 12 on the Master Cleanse and a pretty stable one for me considering that it had been 15 days since I'd put any solid food in my mouth. I felt pretty good after I zapped. You see I realized that I hadn't zapped for 2 days and that's most likely why I was feeling so achy. An hour's worth of zapping and a BodyTalk session later, I was as good as new. :)

Have you ever had the experience that something is helping with your health and then you feel so good that you drop it? Later, when you start to hurt again you realize, "Well, DA, I quite doing X and that's probably why my symptoms have come back." You know for sure that it was the thing that was helping when you start up again and, lo and behold, the problem disappears.

That's what happens every time I stop zapping for a little while. I think the reason that it helps me so much is because the goats are continually plagued with parasites. For about 10 minutes one day I pondered selling all of the goats because of this. When I thought of my life without my goats, though, my spirits took a drastic plunge and I knew that I would just have to keep dealing with the parasites instead. I just cannot see how I could ever live without the calming influence of milking my goats twice a day. I also know that I couldn't live without my goat's MILK. Since I started drinking goat's milk every day 11 years ago, my continual respiratory and digestive problems have disappeared--but that's another story.

Well, I went out yesterday with my camera, as it was the sunniest day that we've had in awhile. Our men are cleaning the manure out of the lot across the road now. Being all of the cows were fed in there last Fall, when we got an early blizzard, there was a LOT of manure which is soooo good for next year's crops. Anyway, they had picked up a bunch of baler twine in the tines of the manure spreaders so in these pictures Robert and Andrew are cutting out the twine so that the tines can do a good job of throwing the precious stuff far and wide.

Here's a closeup view. I told Robert that he was getting his new gloves dirty so he handed me the knife. PE-U
I thought that this picture looked so cool--father and son Internationals and manure spreaders. Andrew told me that the little one holds 175 bushels of manure and the big one 400 bushels. Can you imagine us trying to haul all of that out by hand? The guys made good progress on the lot, but dark came before they had finished. Now this morning it was raining so that threw a wrench in their plans to finish today. Might as well go to Bismarck. :)
As I headed back to the house yesterday morning, I saw some green on my deck and went over to investigate. I could hardly believe that my snapdragon was still alive! Goodness, we've had snow several times already. I gave it a kiss and a good drink of water and admired God's never-ending mysteries.
When I got in the house, I found my daughter cracking eggs to make ice cream for the birthday parties we have coming up. I thought it was pretty amazing that she had the courage to make ice cream when she isn't eating. She said, though, that the cream will sour if we don't get it used up now. WOW, Cora, thanks soooooooooooo much--that's one thing that we can scratch off the TO-DO list before you leave for the wedding.
Here are 3 quarts of our wonderful home-milked; home-separated; and home-bottled cream ready to be whipped and stirred into ice cream. Be sure to check the recipe on Cora's blog as it is sooooooo easy to make!
It was a diary day for Cora as she made this mozzarella cheese too. It LOOKED so scrumptious on the home made pizza that the guys ate for supper. I just couldn't look, so I turned my back to the table and read with gusto. Did I tell you that we're reading the Balentine book THE YOUNG FUR TRADERS now?
It was truly an awesome chapter for distracting one's mind from home-made pizza with home-made cheese on top. The trapper that Charley is working with turns out to be the lost trapper whose wife Redfeather tried to keep from being murdered by Misconna several years earlier. Of course, now Misconna tried to kill Redfeather on the river but he failed last night--thank God. In case you're wondering why I said all of that, it's to wet your appetite to pick up a Balentine book and started reading out load to the family--especially if you have boys.

When I got in the house, I also found Jacob hard at work. It doesn't really look like it, does it? However, he was shopping for Andrew's birthday present. I arrived just in time to hear him exclaim with delight, "This is it! Come and look at it mom." OH YES--IT WAS DEFINITELY IT!! Andrew will love it but, of course, I cannot say what IT is. You'll have to wait a few more weeks for November 12th. :)

Well, it's been a good day so far. Robert took the boys up to Bismarck to buy some more calves and to look at shotguns. He wants to buy them both a shotgun for their birthdays. We have never been able to give such grand birthday presents to our children. However, when we gave Cora her new laptop in March, Robert said to me, "I want to do something big for the boys this year too." Now that we're into shooting more around here, perhaps an interest in hunting will emerge. We haven't wanted for any birds, seeing as we raise chickens, turkeys, and geese. Still, I've had some pheasant breast a time or two that was just delicious. OH MY, NOW WHY DID I GO AND THINK ABOUT FOOD???????????
Still coveting your prayers,
Dawn

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I love all the pictures. Since I have been blogging I have been taking more pictures and that is a good thing. Since a good portion of them are school related I'm also putting a lot of them into the children's school notebooks. It's so fun for them to look through their notebooks and see the pictures. Stay dry and warm!

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...