Monday, October 19, 2009

Master Cleanse 3--Day 3--a rough one

It looks as though I'll be posting the day after things have happened while on this 3rd Master Cleanse. I really wanted to write on the day of the Master Cleanse, while things are fresh in my mind, but I was utterly exhausted yesterday. It clearly was a case of adrenal fatigue. Let me tell you what happened.

It was such a beautiful day yesterday and, after chores in the morning, we all met in the garden to finish cleaning it off. The children picked the popcorn and Robert and I cleaned off the squashes and Robert carried most of them to the goats to be fed later. Cora went around and picked seeds from the marigolds and love-in-a-mist flowers so that we'll be able to have flowers next year no matter what happens to the economy.

The guys helped me assemble a fall display out by the old 2 bottom plow by the driveway. It was kind of funny that last year Cora helped me and now they did. It was pleasant to have them take an interest in my annual Fall project. We laughed that last Winter one of the cows got out and ate all of the corn stalks instead of running down the road. Is that why they were motivated to help me? Who knows but God. We run 90% of the time out of our subconscious minds where everything is a mystery.

Being Cora and I are on the Master Cleanse now we try not to watch the guys while they're eating. Cora shelled out the seeds while I read our newest Balentine book, THE YOUNG FUR TRADERS to the guys over lunch. My chapter was finished and they were still eating so I thought I'd hang out the load of laundry that was ready. When I work out in the garden, my hands always get so sore and chapped, so I put on some lotion before doing so.

The day was so lovely that my spirits were light as I headed out to the line the load. I was cheerfully hanging up some washcloths when I noticed a honeybee on the handle of the basket. Now you must remember that I had to have almost 750 bee stings to save my life when the shingles on my brain shut down my immune system. I was a little irritated to see the bee there but, "Oh well, the world is big enough for all of God's creatures," I thought and kept hanging up strain cloths.

However, when I turned back to the basket the next time, I noticed that there were 4 bees sitting on the cloths. "HMM," I thought, "what a weird place to hold a meeting."

I prayed for courage to put my hand into the basket and pulled out another washcloth. The bees buzzed a little at me, but I was still ok. The next time that I turned back for more wet things, I noticed that more bees had come and I started to feel a little nervous about grabbing something from the basket. Still, I thought, "This is ridiculous--they're minding their own business and I'll mind mine."

The problem came when they no longer decided to mind their own business. I took one more dishrag out of the basket and the bees got VERY interested in ME. They got all stirred up and one of them came over and landed on my leg. I screamed to the Lord for help and brushed him off of my leg with the dishrag. I was crying by then but the Lord helped me to see where it was in the grass. I stomped on him but noticed that other bees were coming towards me so I dropped the dishrag and ran for the house.

I was sobbing like mad when I got here, as a dam of old memories had broken loose, and I told Robert that the bees were after me. He went out then and I headed for my room totally unable to collect myself. I threw myself on my bed hysterical and begging God to help me. Slowly it registered that I had the tools to deal with this kind of trauma so I sat up and did BodyTalk's Active Memory procedure. By the time I had finished, I was about half calmed-down.

Then I felt the Lord urging me to do the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT). The concept was, "Even though I had to have bee stings to save my life, I still love, trust, and and accept God's will for my life." The phrase that got tapped into each acupuncture site was "BVT," which is bee venom therapy abbreviated.

This really calmed me down a lot and I did cortices after this and felt almost glad that it had happened. You see, I came to realize that I had all of that emotion tied up in bees. Bees reminded me of all the pain that I went through in 2006 with the shingles on my brain. I haven't been able to tolerate being that close to bees ever since and I guess God decided that it was time to release all of that pent-up anguish. WOW--IT WAS LIKE A TIDAL WAVE.

Well, after I was calmed down, I went outside with the boys to tell them how and where I wanted my tulip bulbs planted. I had every intention of helping them with the work as it was so lovely outside and I wanted to do the planting as it was my desire to carry on my grandmother's tradition of growing tulips.

Well, no sooner had I gotten down on my knees to work in the flower bed when a bee came straight up to me. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH. I tried to ignore it like the first time, but when it came straight at my face, I freaked out. It landed on my hood and Jacob shooshed it away. Soon there were more bees coming at me again and then I had a flashback to when I had gone out to our hives to collect some bees in quart jars for the BVT. At that time, the bees landed on my netting over my cap and stung me through it.

I was glad that Jacob was nearby yesterday to help me back to the house as I was crying all over again. Jacob said to me, "You're going to have to get over this mom, cuz you can't live your whole life in the house." ):

Well, I did cortices again and started writing the post that I posted yesterday. Writing just always makes me feel better for some reason. I was glad that I had worked it through in the morning but why was I so upset when it happened again in the afternoon? This was the thought that I was trying to process as I wrote. I had just landed on this thought, "I guess the Lord just wanted me to get rid of all of that old emotional junk during the Master Cleanse. But why," I pondered, "did He have the bees go after me a second time when I had already worked through much of it?" I don't want to live in fear of bees all my life!!!!!!!!!!!

Just then Cora came in the house for she had been out picking more seeds from the garden. She asked me, "Mom, when did you put that lavender lotion on your hands? Could it be that the bees were attracted to the lotion that you'd put on? and did you put it on your face?"

YES--THAT WAS IT!!! I had just run out of my coconut oil hand lotion and switched to the lavender one. Right before I went out to the wash line, I'd put some on my hands and face and the bees must have thought that I smelled like the lavender blossoms. They went right for my hands and my face and the handle of the laundry basket.

Our hunch was confirmed when I brought in the laundry last night. There wasn't a single bee on any of the towels etc. hanging up there. They weren't after the laundry (new laundry detergent was our first guess). They really were after ME because I smelled like a flower!!!!!!!!

Now, you may think I'm a silly goose but I've come to see by thinking this through, that many emotions that I dealt with as I wondered if I would live or die were wrapped up in with the bee stings. I guess the Lord knew that I was now strong enough to let all of that go.

WOW--it was a terrible ordeal for me but now I am glad that it all came out instead of staying inside of me and keeping me fearful. I firmly believe that I needed to have taken Module 3 first so that I would understand how to process all of this emotion.

Later on I did a distance session with a lady who is VERY ill. Many of the links from Module 3 came up and I had a fresh understanding of what this lady is facing as she wonders if she will pull through or not. It's more than a little terrifying as you face this question, "I wonder if it's time for me to go to Heaven now?"

This is the same lady who did cranio-sacral therapy on me the week before I went to the health center. She is a Godly lady and I can very vividly recall her saying to me in September of 2006, "The Lord is telling me to tell you that if you don't rest for 2 or 3 weeks, you're not going to make it." She also said that day, "Who knows, maybe someday you will look back on this as the best thing that ever happened to you."

I recall throwing daggers at her then and she restated it this way, "Maybe someday you will be able to think of all of this pain in a good light in that it will help you to be able to understand what others are going through." Well, she was RIGHT!!! and yesterday I was able to be a blessing to her in return. PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, half way through chores last night it hit me. It was the quickest case of adrenal fatigue I've ever experienced but my adrenals wore themselves out in that avalanche of emotions in the afternoon. I could hardly walk myself to the house and crawled in bed at 8:30. I slept like a rock with a peace that I may have never known if God hadn't released all of that old rubbish through use of those awful bees.

So, am I glad that it happened? Yes, but I'm still kind of shaky today so I would appreciate your prayers. Elizabeth, my BodyTalk practitioner, said that she'll work me into her busy schedule for she knows more than anybody how much I have been through in the past 3 years. Praise God for friends who pray and for friends who know how to do BodyTalk. Putting the 2 together is such an awesome combination that a person can't help but get fully well--which is my longest standing prayer request covering decades. Every day brings me a little bit closer! PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

The bees coming after you sounds awful! As always thanks for being so open. It really helps me know you better and how best to pray for you.

Speaking of bees I remember a few years back when the workers were collecting the hives by the creek south of us. A lot of the bees must have got stranded and thought our house was a hive. They were hitting the windows trying to get in. A few did find a way in through our woodstove chimney. I noticed Sunny by the woodstove going after something. The bees were stinging her as she killed them coming into "her" house. It was a bit of a tramatic time for us. As small as they are, bees can strike terror into the hearts of man. God bless you!

Anonymous said...

Dear Kimberly,
It is soooooo wonderful that you understand how traumatic that was for me! I've never really liked bees but putting me head down on a pillow to have 5 of them sting me every day didn't help anything. Still, they kept me alive so I am grateful for that!!!
I do prefer BodyTalk, though, and so does Cora who was my api-therapist. I used to tease her during those months that I would nominate her for Miss Apitherapy North Dakota if she wanted me to but she didn't wish me to do so. It was enough for her to know that, most likely, there weren't any other young ladies in ND who had to give their mom's 5 beestings a day for a year. ): What an honor--NOT!
So glad that's in the past. I thank you for all of your prayers over the years! You are a true friend! May God bless you richly for how you have stood by me. :)
Dawn

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...