Monday, October 26, 2009

MC3-Days 9 & 10


This has to be short but better short than not at all. Sabbath (Day 9)was hard for me not to eat. I suppose it's because the Sabbath is a feasting day here. I was so glad that Cora stayed firm and talked me out of having some fruit with these words, "I WANT TO STICK TO THIS!!!!!!" We had a great day of fellowship together as a family, so that helped too.
As usual, our family hymn sing was the best part of the day for me. It was also fun to go through all of my new winter things from the attic that the children brought down from the attic. How I love dressing up for the Sabbath day in my finest even if we don't go anywhere. How I long for the days when dresses like this were the norm!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday was much better as we were very busy. We worked on figuring out the finances for everyone. We especially were interested in seeing what the figures said in regards to the milk cows. After we almost gave away our yearling Holsteins,there was some talk about selling the milk cows and forgetting working so hard trying to keep baby Holsteins alive.

However, after some good common sense talking by Robert, we all saw that we made a LITTLE money on those calves. It was hardly what our time was worth but still, what else would we do with our time to make money if we didn't milk cows and feed baby calves????????????

My highlight yesterday was getting to go through all of my winter clothes. There's the things that I had before; the new things from mom's closet; and the new things from the big rummage sale last week. I knew that all of that would not fit into my closet and dressers so it took a little doing to decide what to do with everything. To make a long story short, I now have very packed drawers and a very packed closet. Also I cut up a lot of the older things that were badly stained and I have a big bag of clothes ready for donating on Wednesday when we go up for more calves.
The most intersting part was how the Lord answered my prayer of what to do with my mom's expensive fur coat. As I lay in bed Sabbath night drifting off to sleep, I suddenly thought of a lady named Martha that we knew in the Baptist church in Linton. She took old fur coats and made the most lovable teddy bears out of them.

Well, I called her yesterday afternoon and she will be happy to make some teddy bears for us out of them. She was so excited that I called as she had just come across the thank you note that Cora had written to her years ago. Martha had taken a liking to Cora and had made her a special bear for no special reason other than that she loved Cora. The bear was quickly named EMALINE HARRIS as we were just watching ANNE OF GREEN GABLES then.

Well, Martha said to me yesterday on the phone. "Oh, I'd love to see her again." I thought that she meant the teddy bear and planned in my mind to take her along with me when I take the coats to Martha today. Then Martha said something like, "Her thank you not meant sooo much to me." That was when I realized that she wanted to see Cora... LOL

So, today I will go see an old friend to take my mother's old coats to have her make some new teddy bears to give to my family. AND I'LL TAKE ALONG CORA!!!

It should be a busy day as we're going to Keister's first so that Lane can help Cora work on this song for the wedding that she's playing. Then to FSA to give them the checks from the calf sale; then to meet Martha at the church we used to belong to; then back here to move the cattle home. WOW--I AM SO THANKFUL FOR AN EVER STRONGER AND HEALTHIER BODY TO KEEP UP WITH ALL THAT I WANT TO DO WITH IT. PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...