Monday, October 12, 2009

Lessons learned during Module 3

I just completed my very first upper level module in BodyTalk which was held this weekend at the Doublewood Inn in Bismarck. It's called (drum roll.............) Module 3. TALK ABOUT A SPIRITUALLY UPLIFTING EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!! I learned so many more techniques to help my clients with, but the spiritual lessons were even more profound. I'll share one of them at the end of this post and as they come to the surface in the weeks ahead.

The class was held in Room #114. As all of our classes have been held either in Room # 106 or Room #114 at the Doublewood, these places are like chapels to me. So many times God has met me there as I struggled to grasp something deeper than I could imagine. Then, when I gave up, He shone through with the light and my life was enriched again. This has happened over and over in BodyTalk--both during my training and during my sessions. As I desire to understand God even more, He reaches out and takes me in His arms and opens my mind to the wonders of His creation and His creatures. PRAISE THE LORD!!!

Here we're getting the room set up. Everyone brought their massage tables and covered them with a clean sheet; a blanket; and a pillow. The tables were also our desks where we put our books on so they served a dual purpose. I was happy that I'd set mine up in the front of the room as it was the table that got used throughout the weekend for our instructor to do her demonstration sessions on. As you get into working with energy healing, you realize that energies are everywhere. Either they're good or they're bad and I prefer to have lots of good energies around me constantly. Although things aren't living, and therefore don't have energy of their own, MY memories of the class healing sessions taking place on my table will serve to bring positive memories to me every time I use my table from now on. Thanks, Lord, for that added blessing!

In this first picture you can see my BT practitioner, Elizabeth Hanson, in the green blouse at the front of the room. She was the coordinator for the class and took care of the arrangements for the weekend. If it weren't for her willingness to coordinate for us, the class just wouldn't take place. THANKS AGAIN ELIZABETH!

There were 15 ladies taking the class. Adding in Elizabeth and Dr. Shields who taught the class, there were 17 of us in that room for 2 and a half days. I hope that every one of you will get to experience such an event sometime as it is truly incredible what can happen when 17 people get in the same room with the desire to let God help them become all that they are meant to be on this earth. Masks fall off and true friendships develop that last a lifetime. These are "MY" people--meaning that they've taken the steps necessary to let God heal them of their "Rights" one by one. You may know which rights I'm referring to--the right to stay sick; the right to be a grump; the right to push people away from you; the right to be selfish--that sort of thing. We all do have those rights, because God will not force His healing on anyone, but I have to ask myself, "Why would I want to insist upon such rights?"

We usually only have a big class like this once a year in Bismarck. Being we come from all over the state, this may be the only time that we see each other in the year. Old friends start their weekend together in a warm embrace. The good news is that the BodyTalk family is growing so maybe we'll be able to have more of the upper modules in Bismarck as time goes on.


Dr. Mary Shields was our instructor for the weekend.

Here Elizabeth is writing out the formulas. In BodyTalk we link up things that have become disconnected due to stress--it's that simple. Well, when we're learning new things, it helps to see the links on paper so somebody was writing up the sessions all weekend. I might add that BodyTalk is so precise that there are collage level classes in BT. I have a looooong way to go.


Here Dr. Shields is working on Donna Berger, my aunt who first brought BT to North Dakota.

Sunday morning, the ladies met in the lobby as Dr. Shields was working on a client and we found ourselves locked out of the room. No matter, we've had lots of good memories in the lobby too as we often hold our once a month practice sessions in the lobby when Elizabeth is in town. Ava, Donna, & Marilyn visiting in front of the fireplace--soon they'll have fires going in it!
Here are 2 of my favorite people in the whole world. My adopted sister, Ellen, and my friend of 20 years, Bell, visiting before class on Sunday morning. Bell and I are both going to test next month when Melanie is back in town. Ellen got certified when Melanie was here in July. She said that she'd be happy to help Bell and I study. That sounded soooooooooo good.

Marilyn, Cheryl, and Dee in the back of the room. Whenever it got hot or stuffy in the room, these ladies opened that back window until they got chilled out. I thought a few times, I should be sitting back there as I had forgotten to take my Vitex (for the hot flashes) and was roasting. I prefer to sit up front, though, so that I don't have to wear my glasses all of the time. It's just so much easier to see the sessions too.
Here is what we looked like after frying our brains for 3 days together. Not bad, huh? The reason for that is that we are continually getting sessions from each other throughout the class period. We all got one session from the instructor too. Everyone in the front row (except the second from the right) is one of my partners at the North Dakota BodyTalk center. Ellen is the 5th one of us and is behind Bell at the foot of the stairs. It is absolutely amazing to go through this kind of experience with my partners in business--super bonding.

Well, I always let the Lord lead my posts and it is interesting to me too how he brings in different resources. While we were doing dishes just now, we were talking about our plans for our family to work up an Andy Griffeth show this Winter. I'd be Aunt Bee, of course. Well, we were discussing which one we'd like to produce when somebody said, "How about, MAN IN A HURRY?
From there we got to talking about Gomer Pyle, who played in that episode, and everyone was laughing at him. I asked my children, "But have you ever heard him sing for real?" Nobody had and I said that they should look it up on U tube sometime. We were almost done with dishes when I heard that Robert had brought up some of Jim Nabor's songs from the past. When he played TO DREAM THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM, I just knew that I needed to include that song in this post.
PLEASE TAKE A FEW MOMENTS TO LISTEN TO THIS INCREDIBLE SONG AND THIS INCREDIBLE MAN. We have kept the children from watching the re-runs from the Gomer Pyle show because I can't stand how cruelly he is treated by his boss. I actually can't stand his boss but, if you watch carefully you can see that they show the old grump start to smile as he listened to Gomer's singing. Isn't it amazing how powerful a song can be? Well, that's how powerful and life-changing a BodyTalk session can be too!!!
As I ponder this connection between BT and this song, I see that the dream that I have is that everyone that I love will open up their mind to having BodyTalk sessions--from someone else if not from me. So much healing is available and God would have everyone healed, but people close their minds to it because they have grown so accustomed to wearing their masks of "Tough," "Independent", and "Better."
In class this weekend, Dr. Shields shared an incredible illustration which helped me to see how I have been harmed by wearing these and many other masks throughout my life. I'll share it with you now with a prayer that my words will be as clear as Mary's were so that you all can be blessed as I was.
There was a hand and there was a glove. The hand put on the glove and went out to work. As the day began, the glove stopped a nosebleed for a child and suddenly it wasn't clean anymore. The blood that remained on the glove bothered the glove, but the hand didn't seem to notice.
Later on in the day, the hand helped a man by the side of the road whose car had stopped. The glove got some grease on it but the hand didn't seem to notice that it upset the glove to be "Dirty" and it just went along helping people.
At rush hour, the hand helped a little, old lady cross the road because it had just rained and the street was slippery. Just as the Grannie reached the safety of the other side, the glove accidentally slid off the hand and fell in the mud.
This really irritated the glove but when the hand went into the glove again, peace came over it as it knew that it really had been doing a whole lot of good that day. After all, a glove can do nothing without a hand anyway. :)
Mary said, "God is the hand and we are the glove. God decides what we are to do every day and what we are to be in our lives. God is the one in charge and, as long as we let Him, He can use us every day to accomplish His purposes of doing good upon the earth. " Isn't that beautiful?
I pray that you will ponder this illustration and rejoice, as I am while I write this, to be a glove on the hand of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Amen? Only on the hand of the King, will I ever be the godly woman that I dream of being to EVERYONE that I meet.
Will you dream with me? If you're not sure even now, I propose that you listen to Jim Nabor's rendition of TO DREAM THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM that I've included here!!!!!!!! It's not up to us to decide what we'll be folks, it's up to God! He is more than willing to let His love flow through us to the hurting world all around us every day. Will you let Him put His hand into your life today?

I'm off to do a session on my newest client. His name is Colton and he's 9 years old. Colton has been sick all of his life and, Praise God, he found his way to BodyTalk. I'll have to see how many new links come up from what I learned this weekend. Can you tell that I just LOVE doing BodyTalk and being a part of the BodyTalk family?
Hugs,
Dawn

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Your weekend sounds wonderful and uplifting. How nice that you are able to experience that. Thank you for sharing.

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...