Friday, June 12, 2009

Dumb

OH FOR DUMB!!!!!!! Last night when I was finishing hand milking (she doesn't let all of her milk out with the machine) Jacob's cow, Lilac, I was reaching for the salve container. It was further away than usual, and no children happened to be there at the moment to hand it to me, so I reached a little further. It was just out of reach so I reached a little further and then it happened. I fell off of my pail. Since the shingles on my brain, I always sit on a 5 gallon pail (turned upside down) while milking my cow. This way I don't have to look down which STILL makes me dizzy after 3 years.
Anyway, I reached for the salve container when suddenly the pail slipped out from underneath me. I fell on the hard floor at just the wrong angle. My formerly broken tailbone hit the piece of wood that sticks up and it HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Immediately I did deep reciprocal #4 to the back of shoulder-back of hip. This helped quite a bit and then I did #16 occiput to sacrum which helped even more. I was able to sweep the floor; get the milkers washing; milk a few goats; and limp to the house. Jacob and I soaked in the whirlpool and I took some clove capsules which help for pain. I put the ice pack on and went to bed. I slept pretty well considering and only stirred when Robert woke up in the dark of early morning to go over and plow all day.
The good part is that Cora had just let Cheerio out 2 minutes before this. If Cheerio would have been in her stall, I would have fallen right underneath her. She tends to be on the jittery side of things so I could have gotten a nice kick to the head or chest too. Praise the Lord that this did not happen! I find that when I'm in pain, Polyanna's glad game comes in handy. All you have to do is find something good in the situation and focus on this instead of on the pain or sorrow. Being we can only focus on one thing at a time, the good begins to appear bigger than the bad and one goes on their way truly happy. Judging from this pain in my back, I'll be playing the glad game a LOT today. I just pray that the tail bone isn't broken AGAIN. It's been broken 3 times already so it is weaker than the average tail bone. OH HELP, LORD!!!!!!!!!
The first move I made this morning told me that it wasn't just a little injury, so I'm icing it again. Please keep me in your prayers today as we need to prepare for Sabbath; finish setting out the plants the Dagleys sold us at the graduation; and sell pizza in Napoleon tonight at their 125th birthday party. OUCH--just thinking of it makes my back hurt!

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...