Monday, June 15, 2009

Bee stings

Hello again,
My aunt just sent this to me. Hardly ever do I have the time to read forwards but, as you may imagine, bee stings are a topic of interest to me. Anyway, these folks are looking at bee stings as something bad, which they certainly are for those few who are allergic to them. A different aunt was telling Cora at my mom's funeral that they raise bees and never have arthritis and numerous other common complaints of aging. They get stung every so often and the bee venom helps them to stay healthy as is common knowledge amongst bee keepers. None-the-less, most people prefer not to deal with the pain of a bee sting so I pass this information on as a preventative. It sounds interesting enough to try and, if I ever got stung by a wasp or a hornet etc, I would certainly do this immediately.


This information may be something worth remembering , as summer is here again. It might be wise to carry a penny in your pocket while working in the yard as an antidote to BEE STINGS !
A couple of weeks ago, I was stung by both a bee and hornet while working in the garden. My arm swelled up, so I went to the doctor. The clinic gave me cream and an antihistamine. The next day the swelling was getting progressively worse, so I went to my regular doctor. The arm was infected and needed an antibiotic..The doctor told me: "The next time you get stung, put a penny on the stung area for 15 minutes". That night, my niece was stung by two bees. I looked at the bite and it had already started to swell. So, I taped a penny to her arm for 15 minutes. The next morning, there was no sign of a bite. We decided that she just wasn't allergic to the sting.
Soon, I was gardening outside. I got stung again, twice by a hornet on my left hand. I thought, "Here I go again to the doctor for another antibiotic," but then I remembered what the doctor had said. I promptly got my money out and taped two pennies to my bites, then sat and sulked for 15 minutes. The penny took the sting out of the bite immediately. In the meantime the hornets were attacking, and my friend was stung on the thumb. Again we used the penny trick. The next morning I could only see the spot where the hornet had stung me-- there was no redness, no swelling. My friend's sting was the same; couldn't even tell where she had been stung. She got stung again a few days later upon her back while cutting the grass! The penny worked once again!!
I wanted to share this marvelous information in case you experience the same problem. We need to keep a stock of pennies on hand. The doctor said that the copper in the penny counteracts the bite. It definitely works! Please remember this and pass this information on to your friends, children, and grandchildren.

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...