Monday, June 1, 2009

Master Cleanse 2-Day 15

IT'S THE LAST DAY OF THE FULL CLEANSE!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow I will start the 3 day process of coming out of it. Actually I've been a little discouraged this morning. I only lost 13 pounds instead of the 20 I had hoped for when I had such a great start. I am stronger, though, and my brain is more clear than it has been in 3 years so these are no small matters to be thankful for. Still, when I felt led to read MORNING AND EVENING, as I sipped my lemonade for breakfast, I knew that the Lord had something special planned for me. I JUST LOVE THAT BOOK!!! I plan to read it twice a day but hardly ever manage to do it. At times when the Lord says, "READ" then I know it is EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN NEEDING!!! This is what it said for this morning. The passage is Genesis 1:5. The evening and the morning were the first day.

Was it so even in the beginning? Did light and darkness divide the realm of time in the first day? Then little wonder is it if I have also changes in my circumstances from the sunshine of prosperity to the midnight of adversity. It will not always be the blaze of noon even in my soul concerns, I must expect at seasons to mourn the absence of my former joys, and seek my Beloved in the night. Nor am I alone in this, for all the Lord's beloved ones have had to sing the mingled song of judgement and of mercy, of trial and deliverance, of mourning and of delight. It is one of the arrangements of Divine providence that day and night shall not cease either in the spiritual or natural creation till we reach the land of which it is written, "There is no night there." What our heavenly Father ordains is wise and good.
What then, my soul, is it best for thee to do? Learn first TO BE CONTENT with this divine order, and be willing, with Job, to receive evil from the hand of the Lord as well as good. Study next, to make the outgoings of the morning and the evening to rejoice. Praise the Lord for the sun of joy when it rises, and for the gloom of evening as it falls. There is beauty both in sunrise and sunset, sing of it, and glorify the Lord. Like the nightingale, pour fourth thy notes at all hours. Believe the THE NIGHT IS AS USEFUL AS THE DAY. The dews of grace fall heavily in the night of sorrow. The stars of promise shine forth gloriously amid the darkness of grief. CONTINUE THY SERVICE under all changes. If in the day they watchword be LABOR, at night exchange it for WATCH. Every hour has its duty, do thou continue in thy calling as the Lord's servant until He shall suddenly appear in His glory. My soul, thine evening of old age and death is drawing near, dread it not, for it is part of the day; and the Lord also said, "I will cover him all the day long.

Now I must go and drive tractor all day. Maybe Cora will get a picture of me leaving the yard that I can post tomorrow. This is my duty today although it is not my favorite thing to do. I would much rather be transplanting my plants into the garden; or editing the puppet skit for the graduation; or even finishing my thank yous for mom's funeral--maybe even butchering chickens. It usually makes my neck hurt but this is my duty and my carriage awaits, as Robert usually says when he pulls the tractor up in front of the house for me to take out to the field.

We would all appreciate your prayers for our family this week as we prepare for Andrew's graduation day in 6 days. How can it be that my little boy is now a man? This, too, I must learn to accept. Stacey prayed so powerfully this morning, when she called, so I take comfort in knowing that God will answer all prayers on our behalf and give us strength for this VERY BUSY WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My life-long favorite verse comes to mind now and I close with it. It's found in 1 Corinthians 10:13. "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." God has ALWAYS made a way for me to escape yeilding to the temptation of self-pity and bitterness of heart. I am confident that He will do so again TODAY!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...