Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bartlett's Appleseed Shoot date set

I just got home from bouncing around on the highway for 2 hours. This was supposed to be a simple trip over to Hazelton to bring home the corn planter with the 4020. Wouldn't you know it--half way home I got a flat tire on the corn planter. NOT TO PANIC! I knew that Andrew would be showing up sometime as he had run to Linton to pick up twin for the new, square baler and then was pulling the plow home.

When Andrew arrived, I told him that we had a flat tire. He got a somber expression on his face as he looked at the tractor tires but I told him that it was on the corn planter. "OH," he sounded relieved, "that's not a problem." HOW WONDERFUL THAT IT WASN'T A PROBLEM TO HIM AS IT MOST CERTAINLY WAS A PROBLEM TO ME!

So he had me lift up the corn planter and he put the jack underneath it. He took the tow rope that he had on the pallet of twin (which was wrapped tight with plastic wrap anyway) and tied the wheel up to the frame. After I lowered the corn planter to towing position, it held just fine and I was off again. Andrew could go lots faster than I, so he took off but left me the cell phone just in case. I had no further trouble, though, and seeing as he had given me some ear plugs to wear when we had left home, I even have my hearing left. That tractor cab is soooooooooooo noisy.

Anyway, I'm out to the garden but I needed to check emails to line up sessions for tomorrow in Bismarck. Then I checked to see if anyone posted recently and that was when I read the following information on Jonathan Bartlett's blog. PLEASE consider attending this shoot or at least praying for it. Sometime soon, I will write why I am such a believer in EVERYONE knowing how to shoot, but that will have to wait for the next rainy day.

I loooooovvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeee summer when I can dig in the dirt!!!

Dawn


APPLESEED! You're invited.
Many of you in the midwest area will probably be getting an email for me later on with information on Appleseed, but let it suffice for the moment for me to tell you that we are hosting an Appleseed here at our farm, August 22-23 (Bottineau, ND). My brother and I will be Instructors-in-Training, and it will be a lot more fun if we get to help train people that we know!It's not up on the Appleseed website quite yet, but it is on the Instructor schedule so it should be up shortly. We hope that many of you will decide to come for a visit, and get in two days of intensive marksmanship training while learning the history of April 19, 1775 and its significance! I'm looking forward to it.http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...