Monday, June 29, 2009

Erling the Bold--Chapter 20

I believe I have mentioned that, since I am drinking the Master Cleanse lemonade at supper times now, I have time to read to the family. The book we are currently reading is called Erling the Bold. I would like to encourage all of those who feel the threat of lost freedoms hanging over our heads, to read this book. I am getting more and more inspired to speak out with each chapter.

The king of Norway has taken it upon himself to remove the freedoms of the people. He offered important positions to the rich whereby he fattened his armies considerably. Of course the poor people became, instead of independent farmers, slaves of the king. Our hero, Erling, has aroused the people of his area to resist becoming slaves of the king--even if it means their death!!!

In tonight's chapter, both armies lined up for battle and we'll have to wait until supper tomorrow night to learn the fate of the freedom-loving people of Norway. I'll let you know how it turns out but perhaps I can sway you to check out the book for yourself? I probably wouldn't recommend reading it to small children, though, as it is "Brutally honest" about wartime.

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...