Sunday, June 14, 2009

Review of the week

How can it be a whole week since Andrew's graduation already? I guess that's what happens when a family is VERY busy. I see that Andrew finished burning the DVD of the graduation day. He wants to hand copies out to his special friends at Prairie Days this coming weekend. I further see that he posted his graduation speech on his blog this morning, so feel free to go there to hear his thoughts on the momentous occasion--the link is on my sidebar. I'll ask him if he can help me download mine too. Maybe I should listen to it first, though, as I can't remember everything that I said. :)
Like I said, we were super busy this past week. The guys almost got all of the sunflowers planted, but ran out of week. There are just 35 acres to plant yet and we're praying that they can finish that in the morning before the showers come which are foretold to us. It would be great to get a good inch or two of rain. I'm just praying that it doesn't come 15 hundredths a day for a week--that kind of gloom is very hard on a strong melancholy disposition like mine.
Cora, Jacob, and I got the rest of our big garden planted on this side of the road. I had hoped to finish the small garden across the road today but Cora isn't feeling well and Robert needs Jacob to help get the semi ready to roll this week. Still, it feels great to have accomplished so much in the garden and to see the rows emerge as the weeds are picked and laid down as mulch for the plants.
Also last week we got some business taken care of at the North Dakota BodyTalk Center before the FCS annual meeting. It was good to meet with my partners and pay my bills. I now own 1/5th of everything in the office. Now I need to do more sessions to help climb out of the hole. :) I still owe Robert for my last year's classes, plus I want to take more this fall, so I'd best get some more paying customers. If you know of anyone who has too much stress in their life, send them my way for BodyTalk sessions! Sessions last an hour and the price is $35 at the center and $30 for a distant session. How's that for some free advertising? :)
I already wrote about the annual meeting; buying the baler; picking rocks; driving tractor; hurting my back but not a word about Napoleon's 125th birthday party. Well, Jacob is a 4 H member and all of the 4 H clubs in Logan county had a booth at the Quasi. Tamara Svanes and I took a 2 hour shift manning the booth with our children, Olivia, Sophia, & Jacob on Friday night.
It was great fun! Finally Tamera and I actually got to visit a little bit and the children worked great--after they realized that they weren't just there to eat free popcorn. :) Here are some pictures of that fun evening. Tamara posed for me while Jacob is ready to get to work.
I'm not certain that this isn't my only picture with my neighbor and friend, Tamera Svanes. It's about time, isn't it Tamera? She's stuck by me through thick and thin (hasn't been much thick really) and always has a word of wisdom to share at moments when I'm "Lost". From her years as a medical doctor, Tamera learned much about dealing with people and I am soooooo blessed to have her friendship. Here's to you, Tamera! May we serve popcorn and pizza together for decades! Any other fun group ideas are welcome also!
A real live customer. Run and get his ice, cold water Jacob!
A picture of the crew taking a break. Olivia is in the
green shirt and Sophia is in the pink. Jacob's orange
shirt makes for an interesting "Team" image. "OH MOM,
WHO CARES WHAT WE LOOK LIKE?????????"
The most fun part was making the popcorn in the real
movie-theatre-sized popcorn maker. I am a popcorn
making nut, you may recall. Here Olivia was helping me
put the popcorn in right after I had added the oil. Wait about
10 minutes and listen to it pop!!! I don't know why I love
that so much but it really tickles my funny bone. The smell
is incredible too. What a great deal this was. A VERY
large bag for only 50 cents--and workers got it FREE!!!
Yesterday, the children and I spent the day at Napoleon and it was GREAT!!! The bad news is that we all forgot to take our cameras along! Can you believe it? Well, the parade was awesome and I was so proud of my children for not taking any bags along to snatch candy with. It's not that they think they're too old, it's just that they know that candy weakens their immune systems and we're finally getting over this dastardly cough. I watched repeatedly as the "Neighbors" children (nobody we knew) ran over and took "OUR" candy and very seldom did anyone protest. Andrew did get his cap full with a few things that nobody could resist but that's a far cry short of the bags of junk we used to bring home from such events. GOOD FOR YOU CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After the parade, Cora delivered her cake to the Senior Center and we ate our sack lunch at the park. Then we hunted for a parking place and finally made our way under the big tent just in time to see ANDREW THE MAGICIAN perform his not too breathtaking magical tricks. Then Cora and I gritted our teeth through half an hour of yodeling (just not our preference in singing), while the boys went out into the hot sun again to see the re-enactment of an old time shoot out. All of the bad guys got killed, and only one good guy did, so justice was obtained.
The program under the tent got better as Mylo Hatzenbuhler was on the program for an hour. I've never seen Jacob laugh so hard in all of his life and Cora and Andrew were almost splitting seams. After the show, I ended up buying a CD because of his song SUPER CATTLE GROWTH HORMONE which makes one think if you can stop laughing long enough. I told Clyde that we're organic farmers and he asked for our card as he's pondering doing a song about organics. God only knows where that will go.
Back to the program--after Mylo the Silo, the Army brass quintet played and were they ever gooooooooooooooooood! I was so happy that the children got to see a real trombone player, who even had a solo during one song. Lastly Clyde Bouman came back and filled the tent with his incredible tenor voice. He kept praising the Lord--one song after another of pure praise to the Father in Heaven. WOW.
Next Cora and I stood around holding hats and Gerbers so that the boys could go bounce in the HUGE air bouncers. I can't even think what they're called, but you've seen them at celebrations. After we ran out of water, we headed for home. We had thought of going back for fireworks after chores but my back was killing me from sitting so long. Jacob was bummed because, although I said that I wasn't going back in to town, his siblings didn't want to take him in either. I comforted him with, "We'll see lots of fireworks if we go to the rodeo on the 4th of July in Mandan." Now I hope it works out for us to go!
So that brings me to today. I'm a bit upset with myself because I didn't give Cora the extra BodyTalk sessions that she needed this month, but we've been sooooo busy. Well, when I was doing the session just now, it came up that I should do reflexology on the ovaries. I don't know if you've ever had this experience where you find something that works really well but then you forget about it in the light of another wonderful discovery. I've used reflexology for years but it has definitely taken the back seat to BodyTalk. Still, it came up today so I got out my book. Now I've seen lots of books on Reflexology but I think that this one is the best. It's called ONE TOUCH HEALING and it is so easy to understand and the diagrams are soooo helpful.
Cora's BT session was pretty long, with the reflexology thrown in there, and my back was getting very sore when I had this thought, "I wonder if reflexology would help my back?" I looked in the concordance and found the right page and Cora and I went after it. She was lying on the couch so I gave her my foot and I worked the reflexes on my hands. I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW GOOD THIS WORKS!!!!!
While Cora fell asleep, I came back to life and started working on laundry. Now I've been sitting here this whole time and my back is only a little tired and the pain is almost gone. WOW!!!!!!! So being this blog is called A RAY OF HOPE, and my goal has always been to share everything that I learn that helps me with my and other's health problems, today I encourage you to study reflexology. You can't go wrong as this energy is already within us but it gets blocked from stress. The concept is very similar to BodyTalk's and can be very helpful in conjunction with BT. I still think that nothing will ever work as good as BT because nothing that I know of anyway deals with the emotional causes of the stress which is killing us. Still, it we can get the energy flowing more quickly through Reflexology, I say "GO FOR IT!!! Check it out--you only have pain to lose.
Well, if you've read all of this you probably need a break, so here's a free tip from my book ONE TOUCH HEALING. Any time that you get tired, you can revitalize yourself with this simple technique. Put your hand on back of your head. Run your hand down the neck to the place where there is a small indent. Massage lightly here for about a minute and you will be surprised how suddenly you will receive a new burst of energy to get you through the rest of your day. I love this little trick and have used it thousands of times over the years. I pray that you too will give yourself a free lift any time that you are weary. It's called ONE TOUCH HEALING!!
Love and blessings to all,
Dawn

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...