Thursday, June 25, 2009

My back

Well, I again find myself short on time because we are expecting friends for supper. The Stover children called to accept our invitation to stop here on their way home. They may spend the night in the camper too so our children are ALL very excited.

Well, Dr. Steve Chuppe worked on my back yesterday. He said that I moved a disc when I fell being I was reaching out to the side. He put it back in place but said that this is a very delicate situation. I MUST be extremely careful about lifting or carrying anything out to the side. He cautioned me about my usual Superwoman mindset. "Now Dawn," says he, "I KNOW HOW YOU THINK! This is not the time to ignore pain and press on through it. If it hurts, you MUST quit if you want this thing to heal." How wonderful it is to have a doctor who will lay it on the line in a loving fashion!!! He too knows what it's like on the farm, with mountains of work all around waiting to be done. Still, he was very somber and so I am taking it easy today although the pain is far less than it's been in 2 weeks. Please keep me in your prayers as this is getting old.

I'm off to make potato salad, for we're having a picnic supper. Now I wish that I had some of the graduation beans that we sold to Dagleys. However, being the Stover young people just came from Dagleys, there's the possibility that they're all beaned out by now anyway. :)

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Funny about being "beaned out". I'm sure the young people will be happy with whatever you make as long as they can all enjoy the time together. Sounds like fun!

Tamera said...

Hope you guys had fun.

Are you ready for some weather? Sounds like we may have some coming.

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...