Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Appleseed Shoot pictures

I don't have much time to write but I'll say that I didn't have to drive tractor yesterday as the disc needed repairs before it could go in the field. YIPEE. Although that means that I'll have to do it today. Still, I got to dig in the dirt of my garden and that always makes me happy. Cora planted the rest of the west side, including my red clover patch (long story). Jacob and I put out the cabbages, and other brassicas, and the pepper plants. We also started weeding the potatoes.

Graduation news is that 80 people have responded with RSVP cards saying that they're coming. We finished the slide show yesterday, so that's one thing to scratch off of the list. Now we need to get our menfolk in singing condition. Andrew declares that he is "Over it"; Jacob is almost well; and Robert said that his chest is much looser this morning, so all of these are good news. Please continue praying for our family during this EXTREMELY busy week. I should add that we're making the beans for the graduation and that has added a wonderful aroma to the house. We all just LOVE this recipe so it's been hard not to eat any, but I'm sure that I'll enjoy them EXTRA on Sunday. :)

If you're interested in reading about the shoot last weekend, you can go to Andrew's buddy's blog. Jonathan Bartlett posted yesterday, with some pictures, so you can learn a bit more about it. Here's the link: http://jonathanjbartlett.blogspot.com/. As usual, this young man did phenomenally well! I am so proud of him and, I believe I have said before, love him like a son!!!

Lastly is the news on the cleanse. I am officially done with it. The next 3 days will be spent in adjusting back to solid food. Today I drink, with the lemonade, any fruit or vegetable juices that I like. Tomorrow I can add fruits and vegetables; and on Thursday I can eat one light meal. After that I need to gradually add lighter foods and then back to "Normal". So far I've lost 13 pounds which puts me at 25 pounds less than I weighed in January. I patted myself on the back this morning as I pondered this fact. True, it didn't come off as fast as it does for some people, but 25 pounds less is 25 pounds less to carry around all the time. GOOD FOR ME!!! :)

Well, I need to drain the beans; put them in the freezer; and make a new batch. There are also tomato plants to set out; the door frame to be painted; and plans made for our trip to Bismarck tomorrow. Up there I MUST find myself a dress to wear to the graduation. At least now we know that it should be in the yellow family. You can see Cora's blog for details on this if you're interested in knowing how we decided on yellow. Here's the link:
http://maidenhouseofgod.blogspot.com/

Oh yes, I almost forgot. We received an invitation in the mail today to a wedding in Fargo in July. The bride is Cora's life-long friend, Kjersti Braun. As we walked in from the mailbox, Cora and I were dreaming about being able to attend. We reasoned that, being we didn't get to go to Whitney's wedding, maybe the guys would do chores so that we can go to Kjersti's. :) We'll have to talk about that NEXT WEEK!

Until tomorrow,

Dawn

1 comment:

Cora Beth said...

Good for you is right, Mom! Keep up the good work... I have plenty of clothes I can share with you in the future when you need them. :)

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...