Thursday, May 28, 2009

14 hours left to sign up...

Dear friends,
Things are in full swing for the boys to head up to the shoot tomorrow. Jacob and I drove to Wishek this afternoon to pick up the camper which they will take with them. My brother, Duard, and his wife brought dad's camper up from Eureka so we got to visit with them a few minutes. A little over a month ago this would not have been a blessing, but they both have been so good to work with since mom's death! They said that dad was over at their house this morning and he was laughing with them!!!!!!!!! Sharel said that he brought her candy and I dropped my jaw from shock. I've never known my dad to think of other people's needs, let alone desires. Still, Robert said to me recently that he'll know that the leopard has changed his spots when dad calls ME to see how WE are doing. This has never happened in my life so I guess that Robert is right not to get too hopeful that I will have a relationship with my dad some day. Duard is dad's favorite child so it is natural that he would reach out to him. I, unfortunately, was born a girl. ):

Anyway, about the shoot at Chris's place--we went on the Appleseed Shoot website and read this article. Fred certainly is an inspiring writer if not technically "Perfect." PLEASE, if you care about the future of the country our children will inherit, PLEASE READ THIS SHORT ARTICLE. Please be in prayer for the shoot this weekend. We checked and there are still 14 hours left to sign up if anyone is considering going. If that is not possible, PLEASE keep this event in your prayers. Pray for safety of all in attendance and that hearts will wake up to the responsibility which is all of ours to defend that which is good and decent in our country. Here's the link to the article we just read. http://www.appleseedinfo.org/as_our_plan.htm

Well, Cora is playing her half of the piano duet which we are working on for the graduation and I can't resist joining her at the piano for a few minutes of practice time. It's getting so close now that we are starting to make lists of things to do before the big day. When I was in Napoleon, I ordered the boutonniere for Andrew so I can scratch that off of the list and replace it with, "Pick up the bout on Friday, June 5th." I picked a yellow carnation, as he has been in love with yellow all of his life--Lego's didn't help that any. :) She will also add 2 small daisies for each one of his daisy-loving parents--it should be nice. I'M STARTING TO GET SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...