Saturday, May 30, 2009

Master Cleanse 2--Day 13

My day began at 4:45 when the alarm went off and I remembered, "Oh yes, the boys are supposed to take off if Jacob is well." I groaned, knowing that I couldn't put it off any longer, and prayed for wisdom. Robert was sleeping on the couch, as his cough got a lot worse yesterday, and so I knew that it was up to me to go and check on the state of Jacob's health. It's just so hard to tell your child that they cannot do what they have looked forward to doing for months.

So I put on my robe; climbed the ladder to the boy's up-in-the-air beds; and reached for Jacob's arm. It was very hot--so was the rest of him. He woke up then and he knew right away that he was staying at home. We talked about it and he accepted it with manly resignation. I was very pleased with him! I headed back for bed and relaxed that today would be a family day--although a very coughy one.

We all slept late and then did chores. On the way back to the house, Cora noticed that those dastardly geese had pulled one of our newly planted petunias out of the pot. Cora replanted it and then we reviewed how hard it was last year to keep "THOSE GEESE" out of our flower beds; out of the garden; and OFF OF THE LAWN!!! That was it!

Robert, Cora, and I started herding geese into the now empty baby calf pen. We got the children's swimming pool down to the pen and filled it up for our waterfowl. They were not at all happy with being in confinement, but that's too bad!!!!! We figured that once they realized that they would have a swimming "Hole" all summer long, they'd settle down. They love to swim on the small pond that forms, when there's some rain, but it's almost dry now already.

Here's a picture of our flower planters which are really brake drums from Robert's semi. We've had them for years and they're so nice as not even North Dakota winds have blown them away. We painted them red, white, and blue long ago but they should have another coat of paint before the graduation. We'll see what all gets accomplished before next Sunday. :)



Here's a picture of the water in the geese's new pond tonight so we know that they found it. There are plenty of white feathers in the water so that's a sure thing!



Here's a picture of my bleeding heart blossoms. The children gave me this plant years ago for Mother's Day. Several years back I dug it out and broke off 2 of the root masses. I replanted the big one in the center with the 2 smaller ones beside it. I had no idea that they had started blooming already. They hearts are just soooooo delicate--truly beautiful. You can see the hostas in the background. I had thinned these out too at the same time as there were several large clumps in a few places. This is in the corner of the house on the north side. Not much sun gets here, so few plants do well there. I wanted to spread out the hostas so that they fill in all the way around the bleeding hearts. The first year they were rather scrawny but last year they were just lovely.



I also checked out the new grass and some of it is almost 2 inches tall already! Then I looked at the potato patch. The spuds are growing well, but so are the weeds. After our tour of the yard, I came in and found these lovely lilacs on the table--a gift from Robert. I hadn't realized that the lilacs are in bloom already. What a lovely time Spring is.

Well, I must hurry as people want to watch Bonanza now. Basically, I exercised while Andrew was up checking the cows, then we had lunch. I ate a small bowl of fruit as a treat for Sabbath, and continued reading ERLING THE BOLD. It's been easier for me on the cleanse this time, to read a book to the family as they eat.

After lunch we worked on the song that we are singing together for the graduation. It's called, WITH MY SONG and it should be beautiful if we all have our voices back by then. Please keep us in your prayers this week. Next we worked on our puppet skit, and then Robert and I took a long nap. After this we listened to Pastor Davis's sermon HOW TO LENGTHEN YOUR LIFE BY OBEYING AND HONORING YOUR PARENTS. He always does a good job.

Now chores are done, Jacob is soaking in the whirlpool, and Bonanza is starting so I better sign off. I'll edit this in the morning. I'm sorry it's not PERFECT!

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...