Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Master Cleans 2--Day 2

I didn't get to post last night and have wanted to write a little about yesterday, so here goes.
Day 2 on the MC this time was very different than the first time. I can recall that last time the first 3 days were TERRIBLE--lots of aches and pains. The pain was so bad on those days that I had to soak in the whirlpool during the daytime. I LOVE soaking in the whirlpool at night, at the end of a busy day when my neck and shoulders hurt the worst. Usually if I soak during the day, though, I feel so lazy that my internal stress overcomes the benefits from the whirlpool. Still, when the pain is terrible, I soak during the day.
This time there was hardly any pain at all. I think it's because this time I am doing the Core exercises that strengthen the mid-section. On days that I don't do the core program I hurt a LOT more than other days so dah, do the exercises. It takes all of 15 minutes.
So today I am going to share about Peggy Brill PT, which stands for physical therapist. She designed this exercise program for women that REALLY works no matter how out of shape a person is. I ought to know. Being laid up for 1 year and a half did not do my body any good. I gained 30 pounds and couldn't lift or carry anything without extreme pain so I didn't have much hope of getting back in shape. These exercises are so easy to do that anyone can learn and do them AND they require very little time. The payoffs are great--less joint pain, less shoulder pain, less neck pain, less hip pain. You get the picture.
In Peggy's book, THE CORE PROGRAM, she explains why each exercise is useful for strengthening saggy muscles. There is even one where you stick your tongue out--REALLY--and it's GOOD FOR YOU!!!
I encourage anyone who wants to start a simple exercise program to get Peggy's book. She was 4 1/2 months pregnant in the pictures and I would salivate to have her waistline. Peggy says that exercise is the way to keep old age at bay. I suppose that's why Cora and I redecorated my blog this morning--because I finally have hope of recovering the years the shingles stole from me. Through Peggy I have come to see that exercise really is a good thing and it really is possible to start at any age or physical state. She says that she has women in their 80s doing the Core program every day. I'm sold, ladies, and I encourage you to go to Peggy's website to check out the details of how she is helping women all around the country to reverse the "Inevitable" affects of aging. COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Here's the website link:http://www.brillpt.com/
I'll write about day 3 tonight--at least that's the plan. I want to share with you the best place to buy the organic Grade B maple syrup. We shopped around last cleanse and found this really great buy on it. A person has to save every place we can.
Just a note to say that my dad is doing much better. Thanks for all of your prayers for him and us.

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...