Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dad

Well, we're home and dad is not with us. I never dreamed that I would have peace about leaving him down there, but I praise the Lord that it is so. I'm not certain if I could tolerate living with somebody who is that selfish. A friend said to me that suicide is the ultimate in selfishness and I think he's right. Well, here are the details of our day.
Robert was so tired this morning as he cleaned grain all day yesterday.
OH RATS. Things have changed here and I can see that I don't have time to do this justice. Still, I will summarize the day so as not to leave you all hanging about my dad. We took dad to church and then went out to the cemetery. Duard came when we got back to the house and we discussed dad coming home with us. Dad said that he wanted to stay at home and help Duard on the farm.
Duard told us privately that twice yesterday dad drove the tandem truck in the ditch at the intersections of country roads. Does he really need that kind of help?
Anyway, I told Duard that I want the opportunity to do BodyTalk sessions on dad and he agreed. I did a long session on dad, which he slept through, and afterwards he seemed more steady on his feet.
We took him to the play, which Sharel directed, and he even laughed a few times.
Somewhere in there I sat down with dad and told him that I do not EVER want to hear him talk about suicide ever again. I told him that it stresses me out when he does so. He looked at me with the strangest expression. I swear that he never saw me before in his life. He growled,

"Well, I guess I have to keep my thoughts to myself."

"If you're going to have thoughts like THAT, you do," I replied.

We sat and looked at each other like two old bears who meet over the same berry bush. Then we went and ate lunch. Is it any wonder that I got an eating disorder?
We saw Robert's folks for about an hour before we left Eureka. They want us to tear down their old building NOW and Robert said, "NO." Then we headed for home and discussed how selfish our parents are until I fell asleep.
Now chores are done and we are all together again. Cora just said that she made oatmeal so I'll warm it up and Andrew can tell us about his day of grain cleaning and we can tell the children about our trip to Eureka. I'm glad that I survived and I am soooooooooo glad that our home remains intact.

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...