Friday, May 1, 2009

Tried

I tried yesterday to write about the funeral but was just too wiped out. I did take the time to add pictures to the post about the family service and I added some comments there. We didn't even get started writing thank you cards as my brain just wouldn't go there. Instead I sought solace in my mom's best friend, Estella. We talked over an hour and she was such a blessing with her insights on how best to help my dad now. I also slept for 2 hours and then felt good enough to pick things up around here. I was glad that we still had food left over from the funeral.
Today we're going to write the cards out and prepare for Sabbath. I just learned that Robert is going to clean grain tomorrow which leaves me alone to go to Eureka and deal with dad. ): At the risk of sounding like my dad, I wonder why God chose the busiest time of the year to take my mom. I hope to have time and energy to share my thoughts about the funeral yet today but we'll see. Cora and Jacob have a few pictures from the funeral on their blogs if you don't want to wait for me to have time.
Did I say that my oldest brother never came? Estella told me that this will haunt him for the rest of his life--she has seen it in others. I prayed so hard that he would come, if only for his sake. I guess he's determined to play out his role in the family of black sheep. I wonder if he'll ever realize that God doesn't care about the color of the wool--He loves us all.
Please keep us in your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your oldest brother,was'nt at the funeral! Glenn&I will be praying for you and your famly.We will also pray for your father and your brothers.I saw Faye today she said she's sorry to hear about your mom. Well you take of your self now! Glenn&Gwen

Anonymous said...

Dear Glenn & Gwen,
You are both so special to me!!! You will never know how much your card meant to me as I read it on the way down to Eureka to bury my mother!!! It was like you KNEW what I was going through!
May God richly bless you both.
Love,
Dawn

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...