Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mom's soup

I'm a bundle of emotions right now. We made vegetable soup and fry bread for supper. It was the vegetable soup that my mom made right before she died. Dad had sent it home with us and tonight was the night. I could hardly swallow as I thought, "This is the last time that I will ever eat mom's home-made soup." Suddenly I just HAD to call dad--so I did.

This is weird as my dad hated to talk on the phone--he always handed the phone to mom. Tonight, though, he wanted to talk so we talked. We talked about farming, and soup, and his visitors today, and Robert's birthday..... We actually communicated!!!!! Right before I hung up he said the words that I have longed to hear all of my life, "I love you, Dawn."

I came out of my room crying and Robert asked me what was wrong. I blubbered, "Dad said he loves me," and everybody stared at me. Andrew got all excited. He said, "That's what I said. Either grandpa will come alive now or he'll become a total hermit."

WOW!!! Dad actually told me that he thought about calling me a few times but he doesn't have our number. I told him that it's in mom's address book. I mean he has no idea how to get in touch with people BECAUSE HE NEVER WANTED TO BEFORE!!!!! Who knows what good can come out of this? Well, God knows and I thank you all for your prayers for my dad. How I long for him to know the peace of salvation.

So now I need to go take the bread out of the oven; finish the dishes; and do a session on a new client, but my heart is happier than I ever thought possible. MY DAD ACTUALLY SAID THAT HE LOVES ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't is powerful? ALL of us NEED for our parents to tell us that we love them. What a wonderful moment for you!

Tamera

Anonymous said...

How exciting!

Kimberly

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...