Sunday, May 31, 2009

Master Cleanse 2--Day 14

Well, this is day 14 and so far so good. Last night I was very glad that nobody wanted any popcorn. We have a tradition here that I make tons of popcorn on Saturday night and the children put all kinds of toppings on it. Then we sit down and watch an old rerun of Bonanza while we enjoy our smorgasbord of popcorn delights. I'm not sure why nobody brought up popcorn last night--maybe they were just trying to be kind to me. Cora said this morning, when I told her that this was day 14, "OH GOOD." I asked her why and she said that it's hard for her when I'm on the cleanse because she needs my opinion on what to cook and food is what I'm avoiding right now. She wants to be kind and not bring it up but we've planned our menus together for years. I was glad that she shared this with me so that I can make others award of this--when you are on the cleanse it will affect your whole family.


Now there are good affects. I feel so much stronger and have so much less pain in my neck and shoulders than before the cleanse. It seems that each cleanse must go deeper into the old garbage and cleanse at a deeper level. My thinking is so much more precise too which really comes in handy with the graduation a WEEK AWAY!!!


The weight loss seems to be stalled, so I've been praying about that. Knowing that weight gain is tied to stress (see THE CORTISOL FACTOR), I'm wondering if all of our men catching this bug has stressed me more than I thought it was. That, plus mom's death last month; the shoot; and the graduation coming up may have all caused my cortisol levels to rise more than usual. Apparently the extra stress has affected our men-folk too as they are having a much harder time than usual shaking this cough. :)


Anyway, today I made yogurt and cheese with the nice supply of goat's milk that we've been enjoying since most of our goats recently kidded. I also worked on laundry as the breeze was just great! Keeping the geese in their new pen was another project. I didn't ever find them swimming but when I do, I'll post a picture of them.

It was such a lovely day and Cora and Andrew finished with mowing and trimming up the yard across the road. We still call this "Glady's place" for the widow lady who owned the farm before us. Her son lived in this house and, when they moved to Minneapolis, they sold her modular home that she lived in over there. Some day I'd like to have a health center in that location. This has been a dream of mine every since '06 when I was so blessed to have a place to go when on my deathbed. I want to give the ill a place to go where they can have have the best alternative health care available complete with our organic beef, grains, milk, and vegetables. I will never be able to repay Paulette for all that she did for me those 18 days I lay there at her center in the Turtle Mountains. Somehow I feel that, by offering others such a place, I will be able to pass on the blessing that she gave to me during those long, weary hours. Thanks again, Paulette.

Now I just finished a BodyTalk session on a client; family prayers have been said; and I'm planning on giving Robert a session too. We have GOT to get rid of this cough BY SUNDAY so that we can sing our best for the Lord at the graduation. PLEASE PRAY FOR THE LORD TO HEAL US COMPLETELY BY THEN!!! If we could only find a way to eliminate stress from our lives, we'd probably never get sick. Oh by the way, so far I'm doing great in fighting off this dastardly bug so that is a BIG plus for the Master Cleanse. PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...