Sunday, May 10, 2009

WOW

I just had time to post the pictures that were taken on Sunday morning as we went to Eureka in the afternoon and I was working in Bismarck yesterday.

WOW--that is the only thing that I could think as I pondered a name for this post. The Lord is soooooooo wondrously able to meet all of our needs AND make us happy while He's doing it!!!

I've been dreading today for 2 weeks. I've been numb as my mind has tried to grasp that my mom is really gone. Countless times I've said to myself, "My mother is dead," because I know in my head that this is a fact but my heart doesn't seem to want to grasp it. I had always hoped that we would be able to work out our differences somehow and eventually have the mother/daughter relationship that I really wanted to have with her. Now I know that this will never be and, for the lack of that hope, I have grieved much these past 2 weeks. This is why I have been dreading mother's day this year.
Now my sweet children went and took all of that dread away. I wish that I had time to post the pictures they just took, but that will have to wait. Still I will say that Cora gave me the sweetest little wind chimes with a watering can full of daisies in it. I JUST LOVE DAISIES!!!! I'm writing a book about them actually but only God knows when that will ever get finished. :)
Then Cora handed me this large box. There was a handmade card which said, "Remember to take time to smell the flowers today. Love from Cora, Andrew, & Jacob. There's a picture of 2 red Holsteins grazing by an old cream can that somebody planted tulips in. One of the cows is leaning over and smelling the tulips--it is just soooo cute. Inside the box was something even cuter (I know that is not a word but I'm using it anyway because it's mother's day. How's that for an excuse? :)
The children bought me my very own hand puppet!!! I've wanted one for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Robert and I used to work with the puppet ministry in Bismarck Baptist Church. We used to play around with the puppets at night and made our children laugh so hard. :) Ever since then I've dreamed of our family having a puppet ministry. The children each have their own puppets and I have played with them a lot. NOW I HAVE MY VERY OWN SWEET LITTLE GIRL PUPPET!!!!! I was overjoyed to have the puppet but suddenly there was more emotions coming to the surface. Suddenly I was grieving, not only for my mother, but also for all of my children I miscarried. How I longed to hold them in my arms but that joy will have to wait awhile yet.
We're working up a puppet show for Andrew's graduation. We're going to use the Beverly Hill Billies but absolutely HAD to have a puppet for Ellie May. So yes, this little girl puppet has blond hair and pony tails and she is soooooooooooooo cute. I LOVE HER ALREADY. Cora will use her for the graduation, as she's doing Ellie May, and I'm going to use her Grandma Josephine puppet because I'm doing Grannie. OH IT'S JUST GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN AND I HOPE THAT YOU ALL CAN COME!!!! Who can resist a puppet?
Here we are together. Just so you can see, my little one isn't always a happy camper.
I'll post pictures of my little cutie later. I'm also running all of my favorite girl's names through my head because I haven't gotten to name a little girl in a looooooooooooooooooooong time.
Out to the barn,
Dawn
PS. I named her Polly. I thought of Pollyanna, who taught me how to play the glad game. So far, though, our puppets are named Joe, Josephine, Peter. Pollyanna just doesn't seem to go as well with Peter as Polly does. Also I like the thought of how Aunt Polly's heart was changed by love and learning to play the glad game. Have you ever heard of the glad game?

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...